Monday, February 05, 2007

perplexed

Is it a bad thing when you realize it's Monday again and you've forgotten what you did last week? Like, did the calendar even experience a Thursday back there? Or did we all skip ahead in some Groundhog Day related disaster that will soon become our unholy nightmare?

And a cold nightmare at that. Magustopher's pond froze over for the first time this winter.
He's confounded by it all. Meanwhile, I appear to be keeping myself well occupied in defense of the frio. I've started some projects, like Argosy.
I'm loving this scarf so far, and I'm also enamored by the idea of expanding this pattern into a blanket. Maybe it's just the cold weather, but visions of hats, mittens, and scarves have been dancing in my knitty head lately. As well as socks. Of course socks.


The aforementioned cold makes the use of sock blockers muy bueno for photography. Finished, and for quite some time now:Pattern: "Madder" and "Oak" Ribbed Socks by Nancy Bush, in her book Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: 1 skein of Lorna's Laces in the Jungle Stripe colorway
Needles: Size 2 Addi's, 2 circ style


I started out with the Oak ribbed socks, and decided I didn't like the heel and toe. Thus the switch to the Dutch or "horseshoe" heel and the star toe of three points. Dutch heel close-up:
And one of the points of a star toe:
It's no secret I'm a fan of green and purple, especially combined for sock yarn action. Thus it follows I'm a fan of green and purple socks.

Also, I'm still a fan of the German Heel and the Flat Toe. This all hinges on my fickleness, and the fact that I'm going to be learning how to toe up some socks. I think people with large feet should know how to knit socks toe up to save oneself from frustration.

1 comment:

Steal said...

Spin, spin, lady. Spin spin.

ZOMG I will give you a call on Wednesday or something... life = major hectic right now. Projects for skewl all over the place, and a ton of hours for work. I must rake in the monies... yessss yes I must...

So yar. Post 2 on Wednesday... though maybe not till Thursday cuz like... life = crazy. As I kind of already said.